We are pleased that Susan Knudsen and Michael Sedon will be joining the Village Council. We are confident that Susan and Mike will make smart decisions for the future of Ridgewood. Thank you to everyone who voted!
Citizens for a Better Ridgewood is working to put together a recommendation to the Planning Board that advocates for a “Downtown Improvement Study.”
We believe it should be the mission of the Village Council to encourage development that promotes a healthy and vibrant downtown community while ensuring that Ridgewood remains a wonderful and exciting place to live, work, play and visit.
Citizens for a Better Ridgewood…
- Favors economic growth for our downtown
- Favors new housing that is appropriate in scale
- Favors new housing designated for empty nesters and special needs residents, where there is an established need
- Favors new parking solutions that support commerce
- Favors more open space and athletic fields for our youth sports
1) Please read the Legal Report prepared by our Counsel that was submitted to the Planning Board in October 2013. The report outlines our concerns with altering our Master Plan to allow for higher density zoning.
2) Please read the Planning Report prepared by our Professional Planner that was presented to the Planning Board in March 2014 for a comprehensive review of the implications of allowing higher density zoning.
Mark your calendar!
Please attend the next Planning Board meeting!
When: Tuesday, June 3rd at 7:30 pm
Where: BF Middle School
Agenda: Traffic Experts will provide Testimony
Please understand that…
• CBR, Inc. continues to attend Planning Board meetings with a lawyer and professional planner to encourage the PB to proceed cautiously with any high-density zoning changes.
• CBR, Inc. hopes that all of our efforts for the past 15 months will somehow influence our PB and that they will consider the long-term consequences when they create a new zone. We respect our PB members and have tried to present a calm and thoughtful perspective.
• CBR, Inc. has never tried to shut down development in our town. We recognize the importance of progress and realize that thoughtful development, guided by research and thorough studies, is essential in helping any community move forward.
• CBR, Inc. is wary of planning that is driven by stakeholders with little input from the community. As a result of the Village of Ridgewood Ordinance 3066, our villagers have little say in a process that is set up to benefit those who have the most money to hire the best lawyers, planners and experts.
• We would like to see this ordinance overturned by our new council. This will not shut down development, but instead will allow our PB and Council, not the stakeholders, to decide what is best for Ridgewood within a process where residents are given a voice.